About the Willow Weaving Workshops at Willows Nursery
Rather than scheduling specific dates for willow weaving workshops for individuals
to join, I am inviting you to form a group of 5 to 8 people - friends, family or like-minded colleagues (they’re not really suitable for children under 12 years old) - and get in touch if you would like to discuss arranging a workshop here at the Nursery in Northamptonshire.
They can be on weekdays or weekends - subject to our other commitments at
the Nursery - and will be suitable for beginners or those who have tried willow
weaving before and would like to try a different type of project.
We will provide :
- The willow for the project * and instructions and guidance to complete it.
- Secateurs and other tools
- Tea, Coffee and biscuits
* You will be able to buy more willow to take away with you if you would like to make more at home.
(All of the willow used is grown here at the Nursery.)
You will need to bring :
- Suitable clothing - the barn will be unheated, so (whilst we can adjourn briefly for a hot drink in the warm on the bus) you will need to dress appropriately for the temperature.
- Gardening gloves if you find it more comfortable.
- A packed lunch if it is an all day workshop.
Please click on the links below for more details about the willow workshops.
Christmas Decorations - Half day workshop : Approx. 3 hours £30 per person
Plant Supports - Half day workshop : Approx. 3 hours £30 per person
Flowers - Half day workshop : Approx. 3 hours £30 per person
Dragonflies - Half day workshop : Approx. 3 hours £30 per person
Chickens/Ducks - Full day workshops - Approx. 5 hours £50 per person
*** For the larger projects - please bear in mind how you will get you creation home. Especially if you are thinking of car sharing ! ***